We’re always looking for volunteers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of parents who go full out for us each and every day, but especially this week! (TAW)
Brian Link (Social Studies Teacher)
THANK YOU to wonderful PTSA! I say it all the time, but I’ll say it again, I have worked in other districts and I KNOW how other PTSA’s work, and OUR PTSA is the absolute best!!! You all make it your goal to spoil us, pamper us, give to us, feed us, and make us feel so appreciated all year long! Please know that we ADORE you!!! The atmosphere you create at every faculty meeting is outstanding! The compassion you show during parent conference night is unbelievable! The attention you show us during Teacher Appreciation Week is UNPRECEDENTED!!! You are the BEST!!! Thank you so much for your love and support!!!!
Shannon McGinnis (Math Teacher)
I just wanted to tell you all how grateful we are for your work and the work of the entire committee. The PTA provides teachers with unconditional support and we feel that support every single day. We LOVE the wonderful and healthful meals at staff meetings and other events and we know it is tricky to get it all together, presented beautifully and delivered with smiling appreciative parents. You all are a huge bright spot in our day! Thank you so much!
Stephanie Nally (Social Studies Teacher)
It is so meaningful that the PTSA always has our back - even if the legislature doesn’t! It is amazing how much the support of families can keep us going year after year. Thank you so much for all that you do for us!
Kathryn Edelstein (World Literature & AP English Literature)
It will never cease to amaze me…the dedication and love and compassion that we receive from PTSA. They make us feel so appreciated and worth while and help us to recognize, “Hey we are important!” A heart felt thanks!
Michele Hansen (Counseling Secretary)
Our PTSA is truly amazing in supporting us and making our work feel valued and appreciated. Thank you!
Tyson Hallet (Teacher Librarian)
Thank you, thank you, thank you…for going above and beyond to make EACH and everyone of us feel special and appreciated!!!!!!!! Very grateful!!!
Heather Burek (History Department Teacher)
As I have only worked at East, it is sometimes easy to take for granted the generosity of our fabulous PTSA. They go above and beyond supporting the faculty and staff at our school during the times we most need it (like towards the end of the school year!). A special shout out to PTSA for COMPLETELY funding all of the pizza, drinks, and plates for the past 7 years for the Senior Yearbook Distribution Night! They truly help make it a special event for our seniors!
Jennifer Martin (English Department Head/ Yearbook Advisor)
What a perfect week (TAW) to have such support from the PTSA. While the concerns from Teachers/ TAs/ Nurses and others fall on deaf ears in Raleigh, our local PTSA shows us how much we are appreciated. I can’t tell you how much it means to us to experience these gestures of appreciation. Thank you!!!
Ryan Ellefsen (Director of Bands and Orchestras)
Our PTSA always makes me feel appreciated and loved, two things that all of us so desperately need. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for us!
Latin Teacher (Latin Teacher)
We teachers know plenty of other teachers in other districts. No PTSA is as good to their teachers as our PTSA is good to us. I brag about all the great things PTSA does for us every chance I get, and my peers in other districts are always astounded by how well we’re treated! I take a picture of my plate before every faculty meeting and send it to one particular teacher just to brag!!! 🙂
Mark Moseley (Spanish Teacher)
Our PTSA is so awesome! I’ve never felt so cared for and appreciated as an educator.
Windom Spivey (English Language Arts Instructor)
Thank you for all you do to support us in the classroom! You’re truly amazing!
Michael Holman (Family and Consumer Sciences)
Thank you PTSA for all you do for us and our students! You make our lives as teachers easier and better.
Joshua Hartzog (AP Biology & Physical Science)
Become a Member
Joining ECHHS PTSA costs just $15.00 per year. That fee also automatically includes membership to the NC PTA and National PTA. As a member, you enjoy the following privileges:
- Attend monthly PTSA meetings to learn about how PTSA is supporting the school and helping to address current issues. Meeting date/ times are posted in Events
- Vote on specific organizational activities such as leadership positions, budget etc.
- Volunteer to support the school, teachers and ultimately your child’s education
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings, which will take place on the first Tuesday of every month @ 7pm in the Media Center. At meetings you will receive school updates directly from our principal and staff and be able to share your thoughts on matters important to you. Please check the Events tab for any changes and additions to the calendar.
Events for school year 2021-2022
- PTSA General Membership Meeting - 09/14/2021 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA Pre-Open House Hangout - 09/30/2021
- October General PTSA Meeting - 10/05/2021 Agenda, Minutes
- Keeping East Safe - 11/16/2021
- PTSA December General Meeting and Mental Health Panel - 12/14/2021 Agenda
- Ready to Register Panel and PTSA General Meeting - 02/22/2022 Minutes
- PTSA March Meeting with special guest Jesse Casey! - 03/22/2022 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA Meeting & Presentation: School Funding 101 - 04/19/2022 Agenda, Minutes
- Wellness Wednedsay - 04/27/2022
- PTSA Public Forum: Moving Forward - 05/17/2022
- June PTSA General Meeting - 06/07/2022 Agenda, Minutes
Events for school year 2020-2021
- PTSA General Meeting - 09/15/2020 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 11/17/2020 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 02/09/2021 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 03/16/2021
- PTSA General Meeting - 06/01/2021 Agenda, Minutes
Events for school year 2019-2020
- PTSA General Meeting - 09/03/2019 Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 10/01/2019 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 12/03/2019 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting - 02/04/2020 Agenda, Minutes
- PTSA General Meeting – APs, GPA and Course Selection Discussion - 03/02/2020 Agenda
- PTSA General Meeting - 06/02/2020 Agenda, Minutes
Join the Leadership!
There are many standing committees that provide opportunities for members to get involved, but we also welcome new ideas! Here are our current availabilities:
ECHHS PTSA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your donation is 100% tax deductible.
100% of your donation goes to fulfilling the purposes of the organization. To see how your donation will be allocated, please review our budget.
Other Fundraising Help
The following methods also help raise money for ECHHS PTSA:
Harris Teeter VIC Card
Shop Amazon Smile
Weaver Street Market